Share This On:
(SNO) — Friends and family of the late Glendon Barthelmy gathered in Bagatelle on Sunday evening (Sept. 2) to pay tribute in a candlelight vigil to the 18-year-old who was stabbed to death on Tuesday, August 28.
The vigil reportedly began at Barthelmy’s home in Bagatelle around 6 p.m. and proceeded to the area where he was stabbed.
The vigil ended sometime after 8 p.m.
The teen died while receiving treatment at hospital. He sustained at least two stab wounds, one in the chest and the other on his upper left arm.
One male was arrested in connection with his death which was at the time, the 22nd homicide for the year. At least two other homicides have been committed since.
Relatives had told the media that Barthelmy was warned numerous times about the type of friends he kept.
Otherwise they said the deceased was a friendly and respectful individual.
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM