(NEW YORK POST) — A baby swallowed up to 20 sleeping pills and went into convulsions while staying with her parents at a posh Times Square hotel, police sources said Tuesday.
The 1-year-old girl ingested between 15 and 20 sleeping pills at the Night Hotel on West 47th Street around 7 p.m. Monday, sources said.
Her 36-year-old mom was reading a book in the hotel room at the time and looked up to see the girl eating the pills, they said. The baby then began having a seizure, prompting the dad, 46, to call 911, sources said.
The parents are residents of Brazil.
The first officers on the scene rushed the baby to the hospital in their police car, a police source said.
“They wanted to get the child to the hospital as soon as they could,” a source said.
The baby was in stable condition on life support at Mt. Sinai Hospital on Tuesday, sources said. Police are investigating the incident, but foul play was not suspected.
Rooms at the hotel cost around $480 a night, including taxes and fees.