Share This On:
GIS – The Government of Saint Lucia has commenced consultation on the Castries-Gros Islet Highway Improvement Soft Solution Project.
The first leg of the consultation was held on April 7, at the Ministry of Infrastructure, Port Services and Labour, with the main objective of developing a soft solution to bring immediate relief to the traffic congestion currently experienced on the Castries-Gros Islet Highway.
Chief Engineer in the Ministry of Infrastructure, Albert Jn. Baptiste, said congestion relief on the Castries-Gros Islet Highway is a key priority in the ministry’s transport strategy for the 2017 fiscal year.
“Further to our policy directive, the Ministry of Infrastructure has moved to prepare an important strategy for the Castries-Gros Islet highway involving soft measures. To take this imitative forward, the department, recognizing the wealth of knowledge and expertise which exists in both the public and private sector, seeks to engage key stakeholders in formulating proactive dialogue, a plan to bring about immediate relief to road users.”
Facilitators for the consultation were drawn from several sectors namely construction and engineering, transport and hospitality, sales and management, the public sector, safety and law enforcement, and civil society.
“We invite all parties to work together to formulate a soft solution strategy in a concrete and practical way,” he said. “Our primary objective for the day is to identify traffic hotspots which can be targeted immediately with soft solutions to reduce congestions.”
These soft solutions, according to the Chief Engineer, are expected to be low cost, minimally disruptive and easy to implement.
- Mayor Francis commends emergency personnel for heroic response to Thursday’s city fire November 22, 2019 1:12 PM
- Minister discusses health financing at Global Fund meeting November 22, 2019 1:05 PM
- Temporary closure of affected Gov’t Departments due to recent fire November 22, 2019 10:25 AM
- Voyager building entirely gutted by massive blaze says PM Chastanet November 22, 2019 9:38 AM
- Final phase of Sandals to Choc Road Widening Project November 22, 2019 7:12 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire at Voyager building in Castries November 21, 2019 1:59 PM
- BTC receives new laptops November 21, 2019 10:19 AM
- US representative to OAS says political situation in Dominica ‘worrisome’ November 21, 2019 8:29 AM
- OBE Award recipients get high praise from PM Chastanet November 20, 2019 4:00 PM