Share This On:
(St. Lucia News Online) — Law enforcement officials are investigating a fire that occurred at the former police headquarters building on Bridge Street, Castries this morning, April 7, 2020.
No one was injured, but the fire destroyed “paper and other combustible materials”.
The structure was unoccupied.
An officer from the Saint Lucia Fire Service told St. Lucia News Online that units from the Castries and Babonneau fire stations responded to the fire call at about 8:25 a.m.
“Responding officers reported that the fire was contained in two rooms which contained paper and other combustible materials,” the officer said.
“The fire was promptly extinguished using one of the seawater hydrants,” the official added.
The structure is also known as the ‘old prisons’ building.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Saint Lucia and Republic of Kosovo sign visa waiver agreement
- Saint Lucia considering phased reopening of Grade Six and Form Five classes
- Mother and children homeless after Ciceron fire
- UPDATE: Fire on abandoned building in Castries now under control (+photos and videos)
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire in Castries city (+photos and videos)
- Arthur, the first named storm of the hurricane season, could form this weekend
- UPDATE: Man shot dead at Dennery Fishing Complex identified
- LIAT extends suspension of passenger services
- Bay Gardens Resorts starts relief fund for its staff