Share This On:
The West Indies women’s team were beaten by 28 runs in their game against Australia in the Semi-Final match played in Colombo, Sri Lanka today.
Australia made 115 for 7 in their 20 overs as the Windies women were excellent in the field however the Aussies set a challenging total for them to chase.
The Windies did not get off to a great start as top player Stephanie Taylor was out cheaply for 3 as the run rate piled up.
Australia restricted the Windies and bowled them out for 87.
Australia will now face England in the final of World Twenty20 women’s final.
More Sports Stories
- Call for Congress of the Sports and Combat Sambo Federation Saint Lucia February 13, 2020
- National Independence Tennis Tournament 2020 February 11, 2020
- Digicel SPLT2020 draft February 11, 2020
- Five dynamic swimmers will take the plunge at UANA February 10, 2020
- Racing for love – Independence Day celebration February 10, 2020
- 2nd annual ‘Strides of Unity’ youth baton relay February 6, 2020
- National Basketball players prepare for four regional tournaments February 3, 2020
- St. Lucia Football Association hosts Football Awards 2020 February 3, 2020