Share This On:
A group of men are suspected of stealing people’s ATM card information in the north of the island.
Reports are that the men installed a flat portable ATM card receiver at one bank’s ATM machine, which recorded users ATM card information.
“The ATM machine would give you your money, but the thieves would have all your information and make a similar card to withdraw or make online purchases,” a reliable source confirmed.
St. Lucia News Online (SNO) understands that a fraudulent portable fitted ATM card slot apparatus was removed by technicians from the ATM machine, after it was discovered by a customer.
The customer discovered the portable apparatus, because it was slightly protruding out of the ATM card slot. It was also sprayed with the same colour as the ATM machine and was stuck with some adhesive.
Reports are that the cameras were reviewed by the police and the bank’s management, where they were able to identify that a group of men were responsible for installing the ATM card receiver.
No one has since been arrested. The matter is being investigated by the police.
More Crime/Police Stories
- Government aims to reduce serious crime by 45 percent January 16, 2020
- Police say death of football coach being treated as homicide January 14, 2020
- BREAKING NEWS: Popular sports personality shot and killed January 13, 2020
- Police arrest father in viral beating video January 9, 2020
- Bordelais inmate chopped up by another inmate: official January 7, 2020
- Burglar terrorizes Carellie, Castries family in broad daylight January 6, 2020
- Shooting in Gros Islet January 5, 2020