Share This On:
(SKY NEWS) — Seven people are dead and five are in critical condition after a bus crashed in Cuba.
More than 20 British tourists are thought to have been on board, according to local media.
State media reported that the bus was carrying 18 Cubans and 22 tourists from the UK, the Netherlands, France, Mexico and Canada when it crashed on a wet road between the eastern cities of Baracoa and Guantanamo.
The driver told Radio Guantanamo he lost control on the wet and winding road.
Thursday’s wreck is the fourth major bus accident in a month.
More Caribbean Stories
- Trinidad: Mom hacked to death – Cops stop suspect from dying by suicide February 21, 2020
- Trinidad: Man, 38, who allegedly filmed molestation of child, arrested February 21, 2020
- Jamaica: Teen arrested after bringing knife to school February 21, 2020
- Guyana celebrates 1st oil shipment after major discovery February 21, 2020
- BVI signs CARICOM agreement to establish medical schools February 21, 2020
- Jamaica: Cop flees in the nude after caught with soldier’s wife February 21, 2020