Share This On:
(SKY NEWS) — Seven people are dead and five are in critical condition after a bus crashed in Cuba.
More than 20 British tourists are thought to have been on board, according to local media.
State media reported that the bus was carrying 18 Cubans and 22 tourists from the UK, the Netherlands, France, Mexico and Canada when it crashed on a wet road between the eastern cities of Baracoa and Guantanamo.
The driver told Radio Guantanamo he lost control on the wet and winding road.
Thursday’s wreck is the fourth major bus accident in a month.
More Caribbean Stories
- Guyana’s first LGBTQ+ place of worship opens January 17, 2020
- Trinidad: Blue Waters appoints new CEO January 17, 2020
- Guyana: Cocaine, marijuana found on Berbice bound truck January 17, 2020
- Barbados: Historic guilty pleas to murder January 17, 2020
- Former Barbados government minister guilty of money laundering January 17, 2020
- Jamaica: Friend gave winning numbers to newest super millionaire January 16, 2020