Share This On:
A young man has been arrested in connection with a fire that destroyed a concrete house in New Village, Micoud this morning.
Sources have told St. Lucia News Online (SNO) that the suspect, who is 19 years old, is a close relative of the owner of the house.
He is currently in custody at the Micoud Police Station and he’s expected to be charged with arson, which carries a maximum sentence of 15 years in prison.
Emergency services received the call at 10:55 a.m. and dispatched three fire engines from Micoud and Vieux Fort.
The fire destroyed the entire roof of the house as well as all its contents, fire officials said.
No one was at home at the time of the fire, and no other house was damaged, fire officials said.
- Mayor Francis commends emergency personnel for heroic response to Thursday’s city fire November 22, 2019 1:12 PM
- Minister discusses health financing at Global Fund meeting November 22, 2019 1:05 PM
- Temporary closure of affected Gov’t Departments due to recent fire November 22, 2019 10:25 AM
- Voyager building entirely gutted by massive blaze says PM Chastanet November 22, 2019 9:38 AM
- Final phase of Sandals to Choc Road Widening Project November 22, 2019 7:12 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire at Voyager building in Castries November 21, 2019 1:59 PM
- BTC receives new laptops November 21, 2019 10:19 AM
- US representative to OAS says political situation in Dominica ‘worrisome’ November 21, 2019 8:29 AM
- OBE Award recipients get high praise from PM Chastanet November 20, 2019 4:00 PM