Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — The Department of Education, Innovation and Gender Relations, in partnership with the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB), implemented the Education Quality Improvement Project (EQuIP) on October 3, 2018.
This initiative is in support of the overall enhancement of Saint Lucia’s education sector.
One component of the EQuIP is enhancing the capacity to improve teacher quality, the relevance of education, and instructional effectiveness across the education sector.
This project also focuses on enhancing the provisions for Special Needs Education in Saint Lucia.
In fulfilling these objectives, short-term and degree-level continuing professional development training programmes are provided for teachers.
The Education Quality Improvement Project (EQuIP) now invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the following programmes of study:
Degree Level: Postgraduate
***University Application deadline: December 15, 2019
For detailed information on the programmes of study please visit:
Please note that the intake period for these courses of study is September 2020.
– To be considered for this scholarship opportunity, an applicant must:
– be a citizen and/or permanent legal resident of Saint Lucia;
– have permanent employment status;
– be accepted at the nominated university; and
– hold a relevant first Degree or equivalent.
VALUE OF SCHOLARSHIP
The value of the scholarship is as follows, where applicable:
– Round trip ticket;
– Tuition and mandatory fees;
– Monthly complementary subsistence allowance;
– Health insurance;
– Text book allowance; and
– Warm clothing allowance.
Interested persons must apply to the nominated University directly, and also complete the Government of Saint Lucia Scholarship Application Form found at http://www.govt.lc/forms/ and submitted to the Human Resource Development (HRD) Unit.
The Scholarship Application Form can also be obtained at the Human Resource Development Unit of the Department of Education, Innovation and Gender Relations, 4th Floor, Francis Compton Building, Waterfront, Castries. For further information, persons may also contact the EQuIP Project Office at telephone number 468-5251/3257 or the HRD Unit at telephone numbers 468-5229/5434.
Deadline: Scholarship application packages are to be submitted to the HRD Unit, Department of Education, Innovation and Gender Relations no later than Friday, January 31, 2020. Please also ensure that the application deadline for the programme at the nominated University is also met.
More Youth/Education Stories
- BTC turns 60 February 26, 2020
- Principals gather at education conference February 26, 2020
- Buddy ambassadors “Creating a Buddy Culture in the Classroom” training February 25, 2020
- Schools receive donation February 25, 2020
- Launch of the “Protect our Children” initiative February 24, 2020
- National Science Quiz concludes February 21, 2020
- Caribbean School of Architecture visits February 20, 2020