Share This On:
(ANTIGUA OBSERVER) – A police officer is being accused of having sex with an underage girl who is now pregnant. The girl is 15 and the laws of Antigua and Barbuda say it is an offence to have sex with a female under the age of 16. Unless convicted, the officer’s name cannot be published.
The officer, who has over a decade in years of service, was picked up yesterday and detained at police headquarters.
He’s said to be confined to barracks, a term meaning he cannot leave the station but has not been placed in a cell or handcuffs.
The officer was taken to Langfords Police Station briefly this evening for questioning about the matter.
It is alleged that he is known to the mother of the teen and has been frequently visiting their home as the mother’s guest. And, that’s how he became familiar with the child.
Sources close to the matter say the girl is five months pregnant and the officer claims he had nothing to do with it and was never sexually involved with her.
More Caribbean Stories
- US ‘salesman’ caught with ammunition at Jamaican airport October 16, 2019
- Guyana: Tuschen residents nabbed with over 90lbs of marijuana October 16, 2019
- Trinidad: Baby’s skull fractured in fight October 16, 2019
- Former Jamaican PM PJ Patterson hospitalised after accident October 15, 2019
- Trinidad: Cops charged for misbehavior, perverting justice October 15, 2019
- UPDATE: Five killed in Guyana accident October 15, 2019
- UPDATE: 5 killed in horrific traffic accident in Guyana October 15, 2019