Share This On:
(ANTIGUA OBSERVER) – A police officer is being accused of having sex with an underage girl who is now pregnant. The girl is 15 and the laws of Antigua and Barbuda say it is an offence to have sex with a female under the age of 16. Unless convicted, the officer’s name cannot be published.
The officer, who has over a decade in years of service, was picked up yesterday and detained at police headquarters.
He’s said to be confined to barracks, a term meaning he cannot leave the station but has not been placed in a cell or handcuffs.
The officer was taken to Langfords Police Station briefly this evening for questioning about the matter.
It is alleged that he is known to the mother of the teen and has been frequently visiting their home as the mother’s guest. And, that’s how he became familiar with the child.
Sources close to the matter say the girl is five months pregnant and the officer claims he had nothing to do with it and was never sexually involved with her.
More Caribbean Stories
- Caribbean Development Bank continues to support regional entrepreneurs November 21, 2019
- US Congress Roundtable on de-risking in the Caribbean hailed a success November 21, 2019
- 42,000 guns, T&T a war zone, says Senator November 21, 2019
- OECS Chairman extends congratulations to new Premier of Montserrat November 21, 2019
- BVI visas to go on sale, Premier announces November 21, 2019
- Trinidad: Man charged with possession of flour November 21, 2019
- Jamaica: Flow warns of online fraud targeting customers November 21, 2019