Share This On:
(ANTIGUA OBSERVER) – A man, nearly three times the age of a teen he allegedly impregnated, has been remanded to prison after being accused of having sex with her.
The specific allegation is that between June 1 and 30, 2018, he had unlawful sexual intercourse with a girl under 16 years, knowing she is not of age to give consent.
The incident allegedly occurred at Dutchman’s Bay, and came to light when it was discovered that the teen is pregnant.
What is known so far, is that the 40-year-old man befriended the 15-year-old girl whom he knows from church and whose older sister is his friend.
It is alleged that he later took her to the place where the incident occurred.
The man, who was represented by attorney Warren Cassell at the All Saints Magistrate’s Court yesterday, was denied bail by Magistrate Ngaio Emanuel.
He was remanded to Her Majesty’s Prison, but has the option of seeking bail at the High Court.
More Caribbean Stories
- Dominican chastises regional leaders including PM Chastanet December 5, 2019
- Trinidad school terror: Pupils scream as gunfire erupts December 5, 2019
- Jamaica: Cabbie finds $100,000 in car – Says it is a gift from God December 5, 2019
- BVI: Local police officer charged with indecent assault on minor December 5, 2019
- Trinidad: Cop gets $.2m for falling off chair December 5, 2019
- Jamaica: Cops nab 4 alleged phone grabbers, one accused car thief December 5, 2019