PRESS RELEASE – Ms. Ruth Fredrick, Director of the Kiddies Homey Day Care Centre; Mr. Cornell Charles, of Castries, co-founder of the Kiddies Homey Day Care Centre; the James family of Vieux Fort; the Leonce and Francis family of Castries; the Francis family of Ontario Canada, the US, UK and Curacao, will join together “to light a candle” in memory of the co-founder Adalyn (Francis) Leonce; and to pledge support to a worthy and sustainable health and education project.
The event will take place at the Kiddies Homey Day Care Centre in Anse-La-Raye, with the district representative, business representatives, children from the Day Care and their families in attendance. Light refreshments will be served.
The Kiddies Homey Day Care was an offshoot of The St. Lucia Save the Children Fund Day Care Program; and the following mission and its main objectives are as follows:
1. To improve the nutritional and health status of children.
2. To promote early childhood stimulation by providing opportunities for the total development of children with activities geared towards their social, physical, mental, creative, emotional and spiritual growth.
3. To prepare 4-5 years old for elementary school.
The expected outcomes of the programs are as follows:
1. Children receive a basic foundation to succeed in life.
2. Mothers are given the opportunity to work for family support.
3. Children adjust easier to higher education.
4. Assist in long term solution in solving crime.
5. Education for parents in the art of parenting and other social issues.
6. Improvement in the nutritional status of Children.
The co-founders believed in the principle that “to whom much is given, much will be required.” The reason why their families and friends are joining together is to demonstrate their responsibility and support from what they have been blessed with.
“If we are blessed with talents, wealth, knowledge, time, it is expected that we use these well to glorify God and benefit others” says her brother Art Francis, of Stratford Ontario, Canada.