Share This On:
(SNO) — Police are investigating the suspected suicide of another male in Laborie.
The latest victim has been identified as Gillian Charlemagne, who was reportedly found hanging in a room at his house in Banse, La Grace this afternoon (Friday, Dec. 20).
Reports are that Charlemagne, who was in his 40’s, was a carpenter/furniture maker.
The discovery was made by one of his relatives around 3 p.m., according to reports reaching St. Lucia News Online.
This is the second suspected suicide in the community in five days.
The body of Mckenis Bertin, 41, of La Haut, found hanging from the steel frame of an abandoned greenhouse, next to a dwelling house, around 6 a.m. on Sunday, December 15.
A 41-second video showing the body hanging in the bushes went viral on social media.
The video shows curious onlookers converging on the scene.
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 6th Annual Travvy Awards February 19, 2020 8:45 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM
- 1st phase of Market Redevelopment Project almost ready February 18, 2020 10:39 AM
- UWP Government deprives 8000 young St Lucians of laptops – SLP February 18, 2020 9:09 AM
- Ministers welcome Youth Parliamentarians at Monday’s Cabinet meeting February 18, 2020 8:48 AM
- 16-year-old among victims of Dominica plane crash February 17, 2020 6:31 PM
- Three Saint Lucians attend World Summit 2020 in Korea February 17, 2020 2:08 PM
- Items found in sea as Dominica plane crash rescue mission continues February 17, 2020 10:37 AM
- BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: Reports of plane crash in Dominica February 16, 2020 8:28 PM