Share This On:
(SNO) — Saint Lucia’s Dalton Polius continues to excel in league cricket in Trinidad and Tobago, taking three wickets and hitting an unbeaten half century over the weekend.
Playing for Clarke Road, Polius was the third-highest scorer, as his team rang up 340 at Queen’s Park Oval. Nicholas Sookdeosingh (77) and Yannick Ottley (70) also had half-centuries.
The home team replied strongly, but the two-day fixture ended in a draw. Queen’s Park compiled 416/9, with Hosein contributing 151, Yannic Cariah and Tion Webster both in the sixties, and Jon Russ Jagessar mirroring Polius with 51 not out. Polius was the top wicket taker for Clarke Road, capturing three wickets for 95 runs.
For the season, Dalton has 31 wickets (a team high and top 3 on the wicket takers list in Trinidad and Tobago).
Summary of game this weekend: Clarke Road 340 (Nicholas Sookdeosingh 77, Yannick Ottley 70, Dalton Polius 51 not out, Clevon Kalawan 49; Akeal Hosein 3/35, Khary Pierre 2/32) vs Queen’s Park 416/9 (Hosein 151 not out, Yannic Cariah 64, Tion Webster 61, Jon Russ Jagessar 51 not out, Dalton Polius 3/95). Match drawn.
- SLP still wants to know: ‘Who is really paying for the horses?’ October 22, 2019 6:06 PM
- Donavan Phillip scores all goals in CCSS 7-1 win over Corinth October 22, 2019 9:49 AM
- Canada election: Justin Trudeau set to remain in power – but with minority government October 22, 2019 9:19 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Antoine Destang breaks 13-year-old swim record in Canada October 22, 2019 8:56 AM
- PM Chastanet, Pacific Islands explore development of SIDS resilience facility October 21, 2019 11:09 PM
- US hospital ship to offer free medical services in Jamaica October 21, 2019 10:55 PM
- Trinidad: Lawsuit filed against Facebook user who named man a “bandit” October 21, 2019 9:29 PM
- New tourist attraction ‘Glittering Sands’ opens in Anse-la-Raye October 21, 2019 9:20 PM
- Saint Lucia-born student wins regional essay writing competition October 21, 2019 8:10 PM