Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – Parliamentary Representative for Vieux Fort South, Dr Kenny D. Anthony, says he remains “deeply troubled” by the unexplained disappearance of Michael Blades alias “Cocoa” of the Mangue, Vieux Fort.
Cocoa, as he is popularly known, was arrested by Vieux Fort Police on November 22, 2019, and taken to the Choiseul Police Station. He was released without charge on the evening of Sunday, November 24, 2019. Footage from the Police Station recorded that he attempted to flag a vehicle
presumably to take him home to Vieux Fort but he never made it. To date, Cocoa has not been seen or heard.
According to Dr Anthony,
“The family and friends of Cocoa are deeply distressed and worried. With each passing day that Cocoa is not found, their anxiety and worry intensifies. The children in the Mangue are traumatized by Cocoa’s unexplained disappearance. As far as I am aware, postings on the social media have yielded no clues. Understandably, the family needs answers and very quickly. While Cocoa has had a history of autism, he is a sensible, kind, warm and jovial individual. I have known him since he was a child. I just pray that Cocoa is somewhere, alive and well.”
- DLP sweeps general election in Dominica December 6, 2019 9:12 PM
- Hallucine leads the ARC fleet into Saint Lucia December 6, 2019 3:56 PM
- Hilaire continues to sell out Saint Lucia – UWP December 6, 2019 12:52 PM
- Dominicans vote amid fears of violence December 6, 2019 9:50 AM
- Three officers injured in Salisbury operation in Dominica says police chief December 5, 2019 6:59 PM
- Dominican chastises regional leaders including PM Chastanet December 5, 2019 3:41 PM
- Traffic Delays along Castries/Gros Islet Highway December 5, 2019 1:45 PM
- Government moves to protect the pensions of Millennium Heights Employees December 5, 2019 8:52 AM
- Catholic church in Dominica condemns ‘disrespectful’ behavior towards senior clergymen December 5, 2019 6:37 AM