Share This On:
Sandals Resorts International has for the second consecutive year been recognized as St. Lucia’s leading company in the area of Human Resource Development Excellence.
The resort chain copped the 2013 St. Lucia Business Awards this past weekend ahead of other top private sector firms.
According to Sandals Regional Manager for Human Resource Development in the Eastern Caribbean, Ryan Matthew, the award is testimony to the company’s philosophy toward human resource development as a cornerstone for its future.
“We have done some incredible things in recent times including the launching of one of the first Corporate Universities in the Caribbean which now allows our employees to study while they work and take care of their families.
“Via this vehicle, they are allowed the opportunity to obtain degrees from institutions such as the Western Hospitality Institute, the Florida International University (FIU) and other tertiary institutions,” Matthew said.
He pointed out that tourism is a global business that is ever changing and Sandals has both recognized and embraced the importance of keeping apace with the trends in order to stay competitive. And customer service remains the epicenter of this competitive edge.
Sandals employs 12,000 employees in the Caribbean and 1,200 in St. Lucia. It has, over the years, been recognized for sustainable business practices and has also been nominated for the Corporate Social Responsibility award in St. Lucia.
More Finance/Business Stories
- Saint Lucia National Trade Facilitation Roadmap January 23, 2020
- Super 6 just got bigger with more money to the jackpot January 23, 2020
- Family hotel in St Lucia helps family islands in Bahamas January 23, 2020
- Signing of the CARIFICO agreement January 21, 2020
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020