Share This On:
(CNN) — Sen. Lindsey Graham, a Republican from South Carolina, reacted to Iran’s attack on two Iraqi bases housing American troops on Fox News this evening.
“This was an act of war, Sean, by any reasonable definition,” Graham told host Sean Hannity. “The President has all the authority he needs under Article II to respond and how he responds is yet to be determined, but he has that authority to respond.”
Graham ended by saying he had just gotten off the phone with President Trump.
“Let me say tonight, if you are watching television in Iran, I just got off the phone to the President: your fate is in your own hands in terms of the regime’s economic viability. You continue this crap you’re going to wake up one day out of the oil business,” Graham said.
Moments earlier, Graham noted that Trump could opt to respond by hitting either military or oil targets.
- Conservationists frown on illegal dumping practices near nature site February 14, 2020 2:25 PM
- Dengue rising in the Caribbean says PAHO February 14, 2020 12:50 PM
- Killer asteroid to miss earth by 3.6 million miles on Saturday February 14, 2020 11:42 AM
- Educators trained in using library books to bring classroom lessons to life February 14, 2020 9:39 AM
- Beware fake news and myths about coronavirus, warns tourism health specialists February 13, 2020 12:17 PM
- British airways adds new flights from London to Saint Lucia February 13, 2020 11:36 AM
- Concern over meat and fish imports from China February 13, 2020 10:36 AM
- Foreign national tests negative for coronavirus February 12, 2020 9:43 PM
- Results of quarantined non-national expected by end of week February 12, 2020 12:08 PM