Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — Ambassador of the United States of America to the Co-operative Republic of Guyana, Her Excellency Sarah-Ann Lynch, today paid a courtesy call on newly appointed Minister of Foreign Affairs, the Honourable Dr. Karen Cummings.
During the meeting, Ambassador Lynch congratulated the Foreign Minister on her appointment and they discussed areas of ongoing cooperation and of mutual interest.
Guyana and the United States have continued to maintain a high level of bilateral cooperation since the establishment of diplomatic relations on August 15, 1966.
- Guyana: Large ganja farm destroyed in Canje
- Guyana: Woman and grandchild killed after tree falls on kitchen
- Guyana: Man stabs brother to death
- Guyana: Indigenous chiefs maintain they will not let outsiders in their villages
- Guyana: Minibus driver and conductor arrested for packing minibus — breaking COVID rule
- Guyanese accused of “careless, callous behaviour” as COVID-19 cases rise
- Man stabs mother-in-law to death in Guyana
- Guyana: Dead newborn in bag treated as homicide, police reviews CCTV footage
- Guyana: Escaped COVID-19 patient captured in Brazil