Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — The Department of Health and Wellness is pleased to inform that the medical mission of the United States Naval Ship (USNS) Comfort, held from September 23 to Oct. 1, was a success.
Clinics were held for six days at the Owen King EU Hospital and the National Cultural Centre where clients received services in adult medicine, pediatric medicine, dental and eye care along with other specialized medical services.
A total of 79 Saint Lucians received surgical procedures aboard the USNS Comfort. In addition, 48 clients received echocardiograms.
A total of 4,846 clients benefitted from services at the two medical sites over the time period: adult medicine was 1,665 clients, pediatric medicine was 264 clients, dental services was 756 clients, and eye care was 2,161 clients.
The Department of Health and Wellness is extremely grateful for the support and collaboration of those who made this medical mission a success. The Department also expresses its deepest gratitude to the team of the United States Naval Ship, Comfort, for providing Saint Lucians with the opportunity to receive medical services.
- Saint Lucia negotiates and signs new Bilateral Air Services Agreement December 12, 2019 3:06 PM
- Horse racing event a fraud on the people of St Lucia – SLP December 12, 2019 2:17 PM
- RBC announces sale of Eastern Caribbean banking operations December 12, 2019 9:58 AM
- SSDF signs agreement for Vieux Sucieux Water Supply Expansion Sub- Project December 12, 2019 9:51 AM
- Ministry of Equity implements new initiative to boost CASP ‘Host a Centre Day 2019’ December 12, 2019 9:21 AM
- Forbes features St. Lucian CEO of biotech company on its 30 Under 30 2020 list December 11, 2019 11:37 AM
- Police investigate hanging death of prisoner December 10, 2019 11:14 AM
- Julien Alfred wins big at FastTrack Collegiate Opener December 10, 2019 10:44 AM