Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – Employees of the Saint Lucia National Housing Corporation (SLNHC) made a disclosure to their Union, the National Workers Union (NWU) that they have not received their wages/salaries for the month of January 2020.
The NWU undertook an investigation and notes with interest that someone seems to have cleaned the Housing Corporation’s account by paying Board members who did work for the NHC. Persons who had Memoranda of Understanding with NHC were also paid. It would be interesting to find out who are the ones signing cheques since Mr. Mangal is no longer Chairman of the said entity.
The NWU has been seeking an audience with those in authority without success. Consequently, the NWU is monitoring the situation carefully and will soon decide the way forward.
- Conservationists frown on illegal dumping practices near nature site February 14, 2020 2:25 PM
- Dengue rising in the Caribbean says PAHO February 14, 2020 12:50 PM
- Killer asteroid to miss earth by 3.6 million miles on Saturday February 14, 2020 11:42 AM
- Educators trained in using library books to bring classroom lessons to life February 14, 2020 9:39 AM
- Beware fake news and myths about coronavirus, warns tourism health specialists February 13, 2020 12:17 PM
- British airways adds new flights from London to Saint Lucia February 13, 2020 11:36 AM
- Concern over meat and fish imports from China February 13, 2020 10:36 AM
- Foreign national tests negative for coronavirus February 12, 2020 9:43 PM
- Results of quarantined non-national expected by end of week February 12, 2020 12:08 PM