Share This On:
(SNO) — The brother of Kimberly Williams-De Leon, who was fatally shot on October 29, is dismissing allegations that domestic violence was involved in her marriage life.
He spoke to The Star newspaper following a candlelight vigil for his sister on Tuesday.
“It’s normal for people to assume what they want,” he was quoted as saying.
He said the allegations of domestic abuse are just rumors and only verbal confrontations were involved.
“But it was just rumours, I can tell you that. It was just verbal confrontation, that’s all. Not anything physical. It was just man and woman talk; just quarrelling,” he pointed out.
When asked whether these confrontations possibly led to his sister’s death, the relative said he hopes not.
“I don’t want to point fingers at anyone. I wasn’t there and I’m definitely not going to make any connections,” he stated.
He also said that some of the family were interviewed by the police but, as for himself, he stopped co-operating with them.
“It was something that was said to me and I wasn’t too pleased. So I guess, basically, I kind of cut off the conversation,” he revealed.
Williams-De Leon was shot and killed on October 29. She died due to a gunshot wound to her head, according to the post-mortem.
Her husband, a police officer, was named as a person of interest in the matter. He is now on administrative leave.
- Three nabbed in connection with Dennery armed robbery October 19, 2019 10:13 PM
- Slain Jamaican guard was planning to bring ‘partner’, relatives to Saint Lucia: sources October 19, 2019 8:16 PM
- Gros Islet man chopped in the neck in stable condition: official October 19, 2019 12:02 PM
- Man shot in Jetrine, Saltibus October 19, 2019 11:45 AM
- Saint Lucians seek Cricket West Indies Level 1 Coaches certification October 19, 2019 9:34 AM
- UPDATE: Jamaican security guard gunned down in Balata October 19, 2019 9:16 AM
- UPDATE: Man found stabbed to death in Vieux Fort identified October 19, 2019 8:43 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Man found dead in Vieux Fort October 19, 2019 8:08 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Johnson Charles to play in United Arab Emirates T10 October 19, 2019 7:50 AM