Share This On:
(DAILY MAIL) — Aliens’ actor Jay Benedict has sadly passed away aged 68 from coronavirus.
His official website announced the tragic news on Saturday, writing: ‘It is with profound sorrow that we must announce Jay’s death on the 4th of April due to complications arising from a COVID-19 infection.’
The actor who played Russ Jordan in Aliens and starred in The Dark Knight Rises, was also well known for playing John Kieffer, the US Army officer and friend of Christopher Foyle in Foyle’s War.
He was married to actress Phoebe Scholfield and together they ran Sync or Swim, a company providing post-production ADR (Automated Dialogue Replacement) services to the film and television industry.
According to his website, recent projects have included Downton Abbey, Dickensian, Call the Midwife and Beowulf: Return to the Shieldlands.
Jay and Phoebe had two sons together, Leopold and Freddie and Jay also had a daughter called Alexis from a previous marriage.
Missed: Allo Allo star Vicki Michelle, 69, paid tribute to Jay on Twitter on Sunday, writing: ‘Shocked to hear one of our most brilliant actors and kind lovely man Jay Benedict has passed’
Allo Allo star Vicki Michelle, 69, paid tribute to Jay on Twitter on Sunday, writing: ‘Shocked to hear one of our most brilliant actors and kind lovely man Jay Benedict has passed.
‘Married to my lovely friend Phoebe Scholfield #AlloAllo My heart goes out to her and her family at this sad time #PhoebeScholfield @FreddieBenedict #LeoBenedict #SyncorSwim #COVID19.’
John Challis, 77, best known for playing Aubrey ‘Boycie’ Boyce in Only Fools And Horses also took to Twitter to play tribute.
He penned: ‘Strangest coincidence this morning-talking on the telephone to my brother in law & telling him that my old friend Jay Benedict died yesterday.
‘Talented actor & someone I used to rock around with,& Johnny said ‘Oh no! Jay was my friend at school.’ Weird or what? @SherrieHewson.’
TCG Artists’ Management, who represented Jay wrote: ‘It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of our dear client Jay Benedict, who this afternoon lost his battle with COVID-19. Our thoughts are with his family.’
Born in Burbank, California on 11th April 1951, Jay and his family moved to Europe when he was a young child.
He was English/French bilingual, and could also speak Spanish and German due to travelling a lot throughout his childhood.
- Aspiring rapper arrested for telling fans to kill cops over George Floyd death
- Jamaican entertainers join Blackout protest on social media
- Jamaican musicians’ union wants foreign performers banned when tourism sector reopens
- NEW VIDEO RELEASE: Yves Lewis – “Baby Don’t Cry”
- Bisee fire victim wins Miguel “Eempey Slicker” Paul’s “Iyanola Challenge”
- Jamaican artiste Romeich treats 22 women for Mother’s Day
- Rapper 6ix9ine’s $200k donation to children’s charity rejected
- Johann “Yogi” Deterville: The island boy scribbling on the pages of pop music
- Millie Small: My Boy Lollipop singer dies aged 72