Share This On:
(JAMAICA OBSERVER) — Aidonia is home resting following a motor vehicle collision along Mannings Hill Road in Kingston early Sunday morning.
Sources speaking with the Jamaica Observer yesterday confirmed that the deejay was driving his white, Mercedes-Benz AMG sports utility vehicle when the collision occurred.
“The incident happened in the wee hours of Sunday morning. He is okay and was unscathed,” said a member of the deejay’s inner circle.
Aidonia was slated to perform at Fyah held on the University of the West Indies’s Mona Campus in St Andrew on Saturday night. However, at minutes to 2:00 am, Russell “Russ Buss” Gordon — a member of the show’s organising committee — announced that the deejay would be a no show.
“Due to circumstances beyond our control, Aidonia will not be performing tonight. The entire 4th Genna team sends its sincerest apologies,” he told the crowd.
Gordon, a member of Coppershot Disco, did not give a reason.
Several efforts made to contact the Constant Spring Police Station in St Andrew for an official report were futile.
Aidonia’s given name is Sheldon Lawrence. The 38-year-old deejay is known for songs including Big Baller, Breeze, Jack Hammer, Yeah Yeah and Hot Tool.
More Jamaica News Stories
- US ‘salesman’ caught with ammunition at Jamaican airport October 16, 2019
- Former Jamaican PM PJ Patterson hospitalised after accident October 15, 2019
- Jamaica: Woman attacked by pit bull wants compensation October 14, 2019
- Jamaican man defrauded elderly US couple out of US$320,000 October 14, 2019
- Five-week-old baby stolen in Jamaica October 14, 2019
- Jamaica: Man learns 5 kids are not his; still plans to marry woman October 14, 2019
- Jamaican woman has three sets of twins October 11, 2019
- Jamaica: “Prekeh Bwoy” tops police wanted list October 9, 2019