Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – Following the resignations of the Director and Deputy Director of the Saint Lucia Tourist Board, Minister of Tourism, Dominic Fedee, has announced that the current Chairperson of the Board, Agnes Francis, will assume the role of Executive Chairperson while the organization transitions to the Saint Lucia Tourism Authority and recruits new leadership.
Thus far, the Executive Chair is being ably assisted by the remaining staff who have given their fullest support and are able to maintain normal operations.
With the interest of Saint Lucia’s tourism industry as a top priority, this appointment is intended to allow for a smooth transition and continuity in the operations of the SLTB including the committed marketing programs, relationships with stakeholders and the execution of ongoing events such as the Atlantic Rally for Cruisers (ARC).
The Government of Saint Lucia recognizes that for progress to occur, difficult choice must be made. However, the underlying intent is to go about the transition in a humane and transparent way, with the greatest respect for and fairness to staff.
Above all, the Government of Saint Lucia stands steadfast in ensuring that the business of the industry will go on during this transition and that this process will strengthen and grow our destination and by extension our country whose future is inextricably tied to the tourism industry.
For more information about the island of Saint Lucia call 1-800 456-3984, or 1-888 4STLUCIA or visit www.stlucia.org
More Push notify Stories
- UPDATE: Saadia Byron’s semi-nude body was covered with stones November 11, 2017
- Sir Dwight Venner to be laid to rest next week December 29, 2016
- BREAKING: Sammy in Volcanoes squad for Nagico Regional Super50 December 22, 2016
- Public upset with ‘lenient’ sentence in fatal dangerous driving case December 21, 2016
- Hilaire on DSH project: “There is still a lot more to come out” December 20, 2016
- VIDEO: Police arrest two men in Castries mugging December 20, 2016
- UPDATED: Protest outside Parliament over DSH project December 20, 2016
- Explosion at Anse La Raye Fisheries Complex October 23, 2016