Share This On:
11:00 PM 7TH JULY 2018: A TROPICAL STORM WATCH CONTINUES FOR SAINT LUCIA.
…BERYL CONTINUES TO WEAKEN AS IT MOVES WEST-NORTHWESTWARD
TOWARD THE LESSER ANTILLES…
AT 11:00 P.M. TODAY, CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM BERYL WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 13.1 NORTH, LONGITUDE 54.3 WEST OR 455 MILES OR 730 KM EAST OF SAINT LUCIA.
THE SYSTEM IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST-NORTHWEST (290 DEGREES) NEAR 18 MPH OR 30 KM/H.
ON THIS PROJECTED PATH, THE CENTER OF THE SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO PASS NEAR DOMINICA, SUNDAY NIGHT.
A WEST-NORTHWEST MOTION WITH INCREASED FORWARD SPEED IS EXPECTED DURING THE NEXT FEW DAYS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 45 MPH OR 75 KM/H WITH HIGHER GUSTS.
ADDITIONAL WEAKENING IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS.
TROPICAL-STORM-FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 45 MILES (75 KM) FROM THE CENTER.
SEAS ARE FORECAST TO BE LOCALLY ROUGH AND SMALL CRAFT OPERATORS AND LOCAL FISHERMEN ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO REMAIN IN PORT TOMORROW, SUNDAY.
RESIDENTS ARE ALSO ADVISED TO STAY AWAY FROM COASTAL AREAS.
THOSE LIVING IN AREAS PRONE TO FLOODING AND LANDSLIDES SHOULD TAKE ALL NECESSARY PRECAUTIONS AGAINST THESE HAZARDS.
RESIDENTS OF SAINT LUCIA AND THE REST OF THE NORTHERN WINDWARD AND LEEWARD ISLANDS ARE ASKED TO CONTINUE TO CLOSELY MONITOR THE PROGRESS OF THIS SYSTEM.
REPEATING THE 11:00 P.M. POSITION TROPICAL STORM BERYL, LATITUDE 13.1 NORTH, LONGITUDE 54.3 WEST OR 455 MILES OR 730 KM EAST SOUTHEAST OF SAINT LUCIA. THE SYSTEM IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST-NORTHWEST (295 DEGREES) NEAR 18 MPH OR 30 KM/H.
THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED AT 2:00 AM TONIGHT.
- Donavan Phillip scores all goals in CCSS 7-1 win over Corinth October 22, 2019 9:49 AM
- Canada election: Justin Trudeau set to remain in power – but with minority government October 22, 2019 9:19 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Antoine Destang breaks 13-year-old swim record in Canada October 22, 2019 8:56 AM
- PM Chastanet, Pacific Islands explore development of SIDS resilience facility October 21, 2019 11:09 PM
- US hospital ship to offer free medical services in Jamaica October 21, 2019 10:55 PM
- Trinidad: Lawsuit filed against Facebook user who named man a “bandit” October 21, 2019 9:29 PM
- New tourist attraction ‘Glittering Sands’ opens in Anse-la-Raye October 21, 2019 9:20 PM
- Saint Lucia-born student wins regional essay writing competition October 21, 2019 8:10 PM
- Castries man injured in Marisule motorcycle accident October 21, 2019 6:37 PM