Share This On:
11:00 PM 7TH JULY 2018: A TROPICAL STORM WATCH CONTINUES FOR SAINT LUCIA.
…BERYL CONTINUES TO WEAKEN AS IT MOVES WEST-NORTHWESTWARD
TOWARD THE LESSER ANTILLES…
AT 11:00 P.M. TODAY, CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM BERYL WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 13.1 NORTH, LONGITUDE 54.3 WEST OR 455 MILES OR 730 KM EAST OF SAINT LUCIA.
THE SYSTEM IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST-NORTHWEST (290 DEGREES) NEAR 18 MPH OR 30 KM/H.
ON THIS PROJECTED PATH, THE CENTER OF THE SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO PASS NEAR DOMINICA, SUNDAY NIGHT.
A WEST-NORTHWEST MOTION WITH INCREASED FORWARD SPEED IS EXPECTED DURING THE NEXT FEW DAYS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 45 MPH OR 75 KM/H WITH HIGHER GUSTS.
ADDITIONAL WEAKENING IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS.
TROPICAL-STORM-FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 45 MILES (75 KM) FROM THE CENTER.
SEAS ARE FORECAST TO BE LOCALLY ROUGH AND SMALL CRAFT OPERATORS AND LOCAL FISHERMEN ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO REMAIN IN PORT TOMORROW, SUNDAY.
RESIDENTS ARE ALSO ADVISED TO STAY AWAY FROM COASTAL AREAS.
THOSE LIVING IN AREAS PRONE TO FLOODING AND LANDSLIDES SHOULD TAKE ALL NECESSARY PRECAUTIONS AGAINST THESE HAZARDS.
RESIDENTS OF SAINT LUCIA AND THE REST OF THE NORTHERN WINDWARD AND LEEWARD ISLANDS ARE ASKED TO CONTINUE TO CLOSELY MONITOR THE PROGRESS OF THIS SYSTEM.
REPEATING THE 11:00 P.M. POSITION TROPICAL STORM BERYL, LATITUDE 13.1 NORTH, LONGITUDE 54.3 WEST OR 455 MILES OR 730 KM EAST SOUTHEAST OF SAINT LUCIA. THE SYSTEM IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST-NORTHWEST (295 DEGREES) NEAR 18 MPH OR 30 KM/H.
THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED AT 2:00 AM TONIGHT.
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM