Share This On:
(SNO) — One of two teenagers who sustained gunshot wounds in Desrameaux, Gros Islet on Saturday afternoon (Sept. 1) has been confirmed dead, according to sources.
The deceased has been identified as Rohan Louison, who is 13 years old, of Desrameaux.
The other victim, Callis Benjamin, 19 years old, and also a resident of Desrameaux, is currently in critical condition at hospital.
The shooting occurred around 5 p.m.
Louison reportedly sustained a fatal gunshot wound to the back of his neck, while Benjamin sustained a gunshot wound to his back.
One individual has been arrested.
Gros Islet and Castries fire personnel responded to the incident at 5:06 p.m. and transported the two victims to Victoria Hospital via ambulance.
Louison was pronounced dead on arrival, while Benjamin was admitted in critical condition.
The circumstances surrounding the shooting were not immediately available.
More details to follow on this developing story
- 16-year-old among victims of Dominica plane crash February 17, 2020 6:31 PM
- Three Saint Lucians attend World Summit 2020 in Korea February 17, 2020 2:08 PM
- Items found in sea as Dominica plane crash rescue mission continues February 17, 2020 10:37 AM
- BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: Reports of plane crash in Dominica February 16, 2020 8:28 PM
- Conservationists frown on illegal dumping practices near nature site February 14, 2020 2:25 PM
- Dengue rising in the Caribbean says PAHO February 14, 2020 12:50 PM
- Killer asteroid to miss earth by 3.6 million miles on Saturday February 14, 2020 11:42 AM
- Educators trained in using library books to bring classroom lessons to life February 14, 2020 9:39 AM
- Beware fake news and myths about coronavirus, warns tourism health specialists February 13, 2020 12:17 PM