Share This On:
(SNO) — One of two teenagers who sustained gunshot wounds in Desrameaux, Gros Islet on Saturday afternoon (Sept. 1) has been confirmed dead, according to sources.
The deceased has been identified as Rohan Louison, who is 13 years old, of Desrameaux.
The other victim, Callis Benjamin, 19 years old, and also a resident of Desrameaux, is currently in critical condition at hospital.
The shooting occurred around 5 p.m.
Louison reportedly sustained a fatal gunshot wound to the back of his neck, while Benjamin sustained a gunshot wound to his back.
One individual has been arrested.
Gros Islet and Castries fire personnel responded to the incident at 5:06 p.m. and transported the two victims to Victoria Hospital via ambulance.
Louison was pronounced dead on arrival, while Benjamin was admitted in critical condition.
The circumstances surrounding the shooting were not immediately available.
More details to follow on this developing story
- Canelles Resort Project begins January 17, 2020 2:52 PM
- St Lucia Jazz and St Lucia Summer Festival 2020 off to an exciting start January 17, 2020 10:00 AM
- Alert of “Assured” brand products January 16, 2020 3:20 PM
- Government aims to reduce serious crime by 45 percent January 16, 2020 2:33 PM
- 2020 Saint Lucia Summer Festival launched January 16, 2020 1:28 PM
- BVI: ‘Earthquake swarm’ leaves researchers puzzled and DDM on ‘high alert’ January 16, 2020 11:37 AM
- St Lucian artist Shaaiae collaborates with Gaza international artist Shawn Storm January 16, 2020 9:09 AM
- Central Statistical Office commences mapping for 2020 census January 15, 2020 11:34 AM