Share This On:
(SNO) — Gros Islet Parliamentary Representative Lenard ‘Spider’ Montoute has said the Desrameaux road in Monchy is closed.
Montoute made the disclosure on his Facebook page on Friday, Oct. 19, around 4 p.m.
During persistent rains on Friday, a landslide occurred, leaving the road near the Spring Water depot unstable, and pipes and cables exposed.
Montoute, who is also minister for equity, social justice and empowerment, said officials of the Ministry of Infrastructure were expected to carry out a “complete assessment” of the situation. He urged motorists and the general public to exercise caution, and thanked residents and the Gros Islet police officers.
- WHO calls on young people to join tobacco-free generation fight
- Choc Housing Development underway
- St. Lucia public officers called on to volunteer as trainers and facilitators
- Saint Lucia commemorates first Inter-American Day Against Terrorism
- BREAKING NEWS: Saint Lucia records 19th COVID-19 case
- 6 p.m. June 4, 2020 Saint Lucia weather update
- UWP says Philip J Pierre proves once again he is not fit for leadership
- 92 depart Saint Lucia for employment in Canada’s Farm Worker Programme
- Saint Lucian authorities enforcing strict health protocols in schools