Share This On:
(SNO) – A post mortem examination conducted on the body of taxi driver and tour operator Nereus Francis alias “Cosol” on Thursday, July 12 has revealed that he died from a gunshot wound, according to reliable sources.
According to the post mortem, Francis died as a result of “bilateral hemothoraces secondary to gun shot wound to the chest with injuries to the right and left lung”.
The 51-year-old resident of La Retraite, Gros Islet, who is originally of La Guerre, Babonneau, died on Monday, July 9, under suspicious circumstances.
According to a police press release, “Officers attached to the Gros Islet Police Station proceeded to the La Feuillet, Gros Islet Road, about 10:40 p.m. on Monday, July 09, 2018. On arrival, the body of Nereus Francis was discovered beneath his Toyota Land Cruiser Prado registration number TX 825 and appeared to be lifeless. Medical assistance was sought and he was pronounced dead at the Victoria Hospital by a medical practitioner.”
- Hurricane season: St. Lucian residents urged to ‘consistently’ follow weather reports
- BREAKING NEWS: Vieux Fort construction worker killed in freak accident
- SALCC teaches English to Cuban medical personnel
- George Floyd had ‘violent criminal history’ says Minneapolis police union chief
- West Indies name Test squad for proposed tour of England
- Daren Sammy and Chris Gayle speak out against racism
- VIDEO: Saint Lucia borders open June 4; visitors require COVID-19 test, quarantine
- Saint Lucia bankers announce ‘phased increase’ in opening hours
- Big changes coming at Digicel