Share This On:
(SNO) –– A man who was involved in a motorcycle accident in Castries on Sunday, Sept. 2, 2018 succumbed to his injuries at hospital in the early hours of Wednesday, Sept. 5, according to sources.
He has been identified as Kimran Cooper, also known as Marco, who is known to live or frequent the communities of Wilton’s Yard and Morne Du Don, Castries.
Though details about the accident are sketchy our newsroom was told Cooper and another person was on the motorcycle when it crashed, but the other person appeared to have not suffered any life-threatening injuries.
They were reportedly transported to hospital by a private vehicle.
Cooper, whose photo and name appeared in an alleged police ‘hit list’ of criminals years ago, is well known to law enforcement.
In 2010, he was the victim of at least two shooting incidents, including an alleged police shooting.
He was arrested and charged for a robbery committed on Oct. 28, 2011, according to court records.
We will provide more details on the accident as soon as they become available.
Below is a video report by HTS, published on Youtube in Jan. 2010, with the following caption:
“The shots were fired early Tuesday morning on lower Victoria Road. Kimran Marco Cooper is now in critical condition at the Victoria Hospital. This is the second time he has been shot in as many weeks. Police say he is a known individual who is currently on bail for a number of burglary offences. Three men were alleged to have committed the act two men were later detained near the scene with ammunition and a 9MM shotgun – Police are investigating if they are linked to this latest shooting of Cooper.”
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM
- Keymanie shines as repeat junior golf champ January 21, 2020 11:14 AM
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020 2:41 PM
- Saint Lucia ends 40th year of Independence with over 400k stay-over arrivals January 20, 2020 11:51 AM
- Micoud South drainage contracts signed to alleviate flooding January 20, 2020 9:14 AM
- Canelles Resort Project begins January 17, 2020 2:52 PM
- St Lucia Jazz and St Lucia Summer Festival 2020 off to an exciting start January 17, 2020 10:00 AM