Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — Castries provisions market vendors will have a fresh start at their new home in November 2019.
On Oct. 2, 2019, the Castries Constituency Council (CCC), along with the contractor, the Chief Architect within the Ministry of Planning and other project partners hosted a stakeholder consultation with the vendors on the status of the Castries Market Redevelopment Project.
The vendors welcomed the information that the project was nearing completion. It will be officially handed over in November.
At the new facility, vendors will enjoy the comfort of covered vending facilities which will protect them from weather conditions. Additionally, the need for pallets and umbrellas is over, as the new facility is equipped with convenient built-in vending stations and storage lockers.
Mayor of Castries, His Worship Peterson D. Francis, encouraged the vendors to seize the opportunities and new business that will come with the new vending facility.
The new facility was designed to be both aesthetically appealing and resilient to withstand category five hurricanes and other vagaries of climate change.
- Three nabbed in connection with Dennery armed robbery October 19, 2019 10:13 PM
- Slain Jamaican guard was planning to bring ‘partner’, relatives to Saint Lucia: sources October 19, 2019 8:16 PM
- Gros Islet man chopped in the neck in stable condition: official October 19, 2019 12:02 PM
- Man shot in Jetrine, Saltibus October 19, 2019 11:45 AM
- Saint Lucians seek Cricket West Indies Level 1 Coaches certification October 19, 2019 9:34 AM
- UPDATE: Jamaican security guard gunned down in Balata October 19, 2019 9:16 AM
- UPDATE: Man found stabbed to death in Vieux Fort identified October 19, 2019 8:43 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Man found dead in Vieux Fort October 19, 2019 8:08 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Johnson Charles to play in United Arab Emirates T10 October 19, 2019 7:50 AM