Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — Castries provisions market vendors will have a fresh start at their new home in November 2019.
On Oct. 2, 2019, the Castries Constituency Council (CCC), along with the contractor, the Chief Architect within the Ministry of Planning and other project partners hosted a stakeholder consultation with the vendors on the status of the Castries Market Redevelopment Project.
The vendors welcomed the information that the project was nearing completion. It will be officially handed over in November.
At the new facility, vendors will enjoy the comfort of covered vending facilities which will protect them from weather conditions. Additionally, the need for pallets and umbrellas is over, as the new facility is equipped with convenient built-in vending stations and storage lockers.
Mayor of Castries, His Worship Peterson D. Francis, encouraged the vendors to seize the opportunities and new business that will come with the new vending facility.
The new facility was designed to be both aesthetically appealing and resilient to withstand category five hurricanes and other vagaries of climate change.
- St. Lucian neurosurgeon performs complex brain surgery at OKEU Hospital
- WHO calls on young people to join tobacco-free generation fight
- Choc Housing Development underway
- St. Lucia public officers called on to volunteer as trainers and facilitators
- Saint Lucia commemorates first Inter-American Day Against Terrorism
- Saint Lucia records 19th COVID-19 case
- UWP says Philip J Pierre proves once again he is not fit for leadership
- 92 depart Saint Lucia for employment in Canada’s Farm Worker Programme
- Saint Lucian authorities enforcing strict health protocols in schools