Share This On:
(NEWS ROOM GUYANA) — Last year’s runners-up Guyana Jaguars recorded a hard-fought two-wicket win over West Indies Emerging Players in their opening match of the Colonial Medical Insurance Super50 Cup on Thursday at the Brian Lara Cricket Academy in Tarouba, Trinidad.
On a pitch that made batting difficult, the Emerging Players managed 185-8 with Justin Greaves making 55, Ronald Cato 37 and Guyanese all-rounder Kevin Sinclair an unbeaten 34.
Spin pair Veerasammy Permaul and Ramaal Lewis picked up 3-34 and 2-17 respectively.
In reply, Jaguars lost wickets at regular interval, but debutant wicketkeeper/batsman Kemol Savory stood firm, stroking a boundary off the final delivery to seal the win.
The left-handed Savory made a patient 71 not out and received support from Christopher Barnwell with 36 and Jonathon Foo 28. Keon Harding picked up 4-35 and Dominic Drakes 2-32.
More Sports Stories
- Choiseul community hosts Choiseul Smash cricket tournament January 24, 2020
- DASH 2020 set for weekend launch January 21, 2020
- Hero CPL announces tournament’s economic impact on St Lucia January 21, 2020
- Keymanie shines as repeat junior golf champ January 21, 2020
- West Indies U-19s all but qualify for semi-finals at World Cup January 20, 2020
- Simmons, Pollard, Bravo give West Indies series-levelling win January 20, 2020
- St Lucia Tennis Association to host first annual awards ceremony January 15, 2020
- 10th World ARC sets sail from Saint Lucia January 13, 2020