The Royal St. Lucia Police Force (RSLPF) is reporting that 68 percent of the 44 homicides committed last year have been solved.
The RSLPF said the remaining 32 percent of homicides (14 cases) are under investigation, while 23 of the solved murders are in the sufficiency hearing stage.
The 30 homicides which were solved include:
* The fatal shooting of Kyle Innocent, 22, of Grass Street
* The fatal shooting of Kendy John Charles, 29, of Ciceron
* The death of Peter Raymond of Ravine Poisson who was stabbed to death on February 3, 2012
* The shooting death of Nicholas Gregg of Bois Cachet
* The death of Baby Jane Doe (mother Antonia Anthony) which occurred on March 3, 2012
* The fatal shooting of Terrel Reynolds aka Slowmo, 24, of Faux A Chaud
* The stabbing death of 17-year-old Criselda Fanis and her 1-year-old daughter Takisha Fanis at Bois Patat
* The death of 71-year-old Llewellyn Gorden Alexander of Dennery who was beaten to death
* The death of 27-year-old Melius Jn Marie aka Cosh of Aupicon, Vieux Fort
* The death of 43-year-old Edison Frederick of La Ressource, Vieux Fort
* The death of Sherwin Poleon, a student of the Anse Ger Secondary who was struck with a piece of iron to the back of his head
* The death of Levi Wilson, 27, of Mon Repos who was shot on Carnival Tuesday at the Corner of Chouisel and St. Louis Street
* The death of 17-year-old Christal St. Omer of Monchy, Gros Islet whose body was found in a vegetative area at Cap Estate
* The death of Special Police Constable Lucan Lesmond who was fatally shot on September 2, 2012
* The death of 43-year-old Thaemoo Eugene of Forestierre whose body was found in a vegetative area at Forestierre
* The death of Judah St. Omer, 25, of Corinth
* The death of Francis Mathurin aka Miscard of Petit Bough, Anse La Raye
* The death of Canadian National Colin Peter
* The death of Darcus Maximin of Banse, La Grace
* The death of Critchlan James alias Suram, 28, of Hospital Road
Of the 44 homicides reported in 2012, four were police shootings and two were security shootings. Police said all the police and security shootings are pending inquest.
Police are also reporting that of the 44 homicides, 24 were firearm-related while the other 20 comprised knife, cutlass and assault incidents.