Share This On:
6:00 AM WEATHER REPORT
DATE: 26TH OCTOBER, 2018
FORECASTER: MACLEAN JN BAPTISTE
PRESENT WEATHER AT HEWANORRA AIRPORT IS FAIR.
PRESENT WEATHER AT GFL CHARLES AIRPORT IS FAIR.
PRESENT TEMPERATURE AT HEWANORRA AIRPORT IS 23 C OR 73 F.
LAST NIGHT’S MINIMUM TEMPERATURE AT HEWANORRA AIRPORT WAS 23 C OR 73 F.
WIND AT HEWANORRA AIRPORT IS BLOWING FROM THE NORTH-NORTHEAST AT 6 MPH OR 9 KM/H.
RAINFALL IN THE 24 HOUR PERIOD THAT ENDED AT 2:00 AM TODAY:
AT HEWANORRA AIRPORT: NIL
TOTAL RAINFALL FOR THE MONTH OF OCTOBER SO FAR:
AT HEWANORRA AIRPORT: 222.8 MM.
SUNSET TODAY: 5:38 PM
SUNRISE TOMORROW: 5:57 AM
FORECAST FOR SAINT LUCIA VALID FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS
WINDS WILL BE BLOWING FROM BETWEEN THE NORTHEAST AND EAST AT ABOUT 10 MPH OR 17 KM/H, BECOMING LIGHTER AT TIMES.
WEATHER: GENERALLY FAIR.
MARINE FORECAST FOR SEAS IN A 25 MILE OR 40 KM RADIUS FROM SAINT LUCIA
TIDES FOR CASTRIES HARBOUR: LOW AT 09:58 AM…HIGH AT 4:21 PM.
TIDES FOR VIEUX FORT BAY: LOW AT 11:25 AM…HIGH AT 5:28 PM.
SEAS: SLIGHT WITH WAVES 2 TO 4 FEET OR 0.6 TO 1.2 METRES.
FORECAST FOR THE LESSER ANTILLES
FAIR TO PARTLY CLOUDY SKIES WITH A FEW ISOLATED SHOWERS.
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE GRADUALLY BECOMING BETTER ORGANIZED IN ASSOCIATION WITH A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM, LOCATED 1000 MILES EAST-NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHERN LEEWARD ISLANDS. HOWEVER, RECENT SATELLITE DATA INDICATE THAT THE CIRCULATION IS ELONGATED AND THE CENTER IS NOT WELL DEFINED. THE SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP INTO A TROPICAL OR SUBTROPICAL STORM BY EARLY NEXT WEEK, AS IT CONTINUES TO MOVE FURTHER AWAY FROM THE LESSER ANTILLES.
A TROPICAL WAVE LOCATED OVER THE CENTRAL TROPICAL ATLANTIC IS MOVING WESTWARD AT ABOUT 8 MPH OR 13 KM/H.
- Arthur, the first named storm of the hurricane season, could form this weekend
- From Arthur to Wilfred, here’s the list of hurricane names for the 2020 season
- BREAKING NEWS: Tropical storm, Arthur, could form this weekend before official start of hurricane season
- Forecasters say 2020 hurricane season will be more active than normal
- Researchers predict active 2020 Atlantic hurricane season
- 4 major hurricanes predicted in 2020 as part of above average Atlantic season
- Saint Lucia airports fitted with new wind-measuring systems for safer operations; staff trained
- Ministry of Equity holds psychosocial support in disaster training workshop
- United States Government hands over data gathering equipment to St Lucia