Share This On:
6:00 AM WEATHER REPORT
DATE: 28TH AUGUST, 2018
FORECASTER: WEBSTER GAJADHAR
PRESENT WEATHER AT HEWANORRA AIRPORT IS CLOUDY WITH SHOWERS NEARBY.
PRESENT WEATHER AT GFL CHARLES AIRPORT IS CLOUDY.
PRESENT TEMPERATURE AT HEWANORRA AIRPORT IS 27 C OR 81 F.
LAST NIGHT’S MINIMUM TEMPERATURE AT HEWANORRA AIRPORT WAS 26 C OR 79 F.
WIND AT HEWANORRA AIRPORT IS BLOWING FROM THE EAST AT 14 MPH OR 22 KM/H.
RAINFALL IN THE 24 HOUR PERIOD THAT ENDED AT 2:00 AM TODAY:
AT HEWANORRA AIRPORT: 6.1 MM.
TOTAL RAINFALL FOR THE MONTH OF AUGUST SO FAR:
AT HEWANORRA AIRPORT: 69.3 MM.
SUNSET TODAY: 6:18 PM.
SUNRISE TOMORROW: 5:52 AM.
FORECAST FOR SAINT LUCIA VALID FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS
WINDS WILL BE BLOWING FROM BETWEEN THE EAST AND EAST-NORTHEAST NEAR 20 MPH OR 31 KM/H.
WEATHER: PARTLY CLOUDY TO OCCASIONALLY CLOUDY, WITH SCATTERED LIGHT TO MODERATE SHOWERS AND A CHANCE OF ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS.
MARINE FORECAST FOR SEAS IN A 25 MILE OR 40 KM RADIUS FROM SAINT LUCIA
TIDES FOR CASTRIES HARBOUR: LOW AT 10:45 AM…HIGH AT 5:08 PM.
TIDES FOR VIEUX FORT BAY: LOW AT 12:12 PM…HIGH AT 6:15 PM.
SEAS: MODERATE WITH WAVES 4 TO 6 FEET OR 1.2 TO 1.8 METRES.
FORECAST FOR THE LESSER ANTILLES
PARTLY CLOUDY, BECOMING CLOUDY AT TIMES WITH SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS.
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
A TROPICAL WAVE LOCATED JUST EAST OF THE LESSER ANTILLES IS MOVING WESTWARD NEAR 12 MPH OR 19 KM/H. THIS SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO BRING AN INCREASE IN CLOUDINESS, SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS OVER THE EASTERN CARIBBEAN FROM THIS AFTERNOON INTO WEDNESDAY.
ANOTHER TROPICAL WAVE LOCATED OVER THE EASTERN TROPICAL ATLANTIC, IS MOVING WESTWARD NEAR 15 MPH OR 24 KM/H.
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION IS NOT EXPECTED OVER THE TROPICAL ATLANTIC DURING THE NEXT TWO DAYS.
- Arthur, the first named storm of the hurricane season, could form this weekend
- From Arthur to Wilfred, here’s the list of hurricane names for the 2020 season
- BREAKING NEWS: Tropical storm, Arthur, could form this weekend before official start of hurricane season
- Forecasters say 2020 hurricane season will be more active than normal
- Researchers predict active 2020 Atlantic hurricane season
- 4 major hurricanes predicted in 2020 as part of above average Atlantic season
- Saint Lucia airports fitted with new wind-measuring systems for safer operations; staff trained
- Ministry of Equity holds psychosocial support in disaster training workshop
- United States Government hands over data gathering equipment to St Lucia