Share This On:
6:00 AM WEATHER REPORT
DATE: 22ND AUGUST, 2018
FORECASTER: WEBSTER GAJADHAR
PRESENT WEATHER AT HEWANORRA AIRPORT IS CLOUDY WITH SHOWERS NEARBY.
PRESENT WEATHER AT GFL CHARLES AIRPORT IS PARTLY CLOUDY WITH LIGHT SHOWERS.
PRESENT TEMPERATURE AT HEWANORRA AIRPORT IS 26 C OR 79 F.
LAST NIGHT’S MINIMUM TEMPERATURE AT HEWANORRA AIRPORT WAS 26 C OR 79 F.
WIND AT HEWANORRA AIRPORT IS BLOWING FROM THE EAST AT 21 MPH OR 33 KM/H.
RAINFALL IN THE 24 HOUR PERIOD THAT ENDED AT 2:00 AM TODAY:
AT HEWANORRA AIRPORT: 3.3 MM.
TOTAL RAINFALL FOR THE MONTH OF AUGUST SO FAR:
AT HEWANORRA AIRPORT: 43.3 MM.
SUNSET TODAY: 6:21 PM.
SUNRISE TOMORROW: 5:51 AM.
FORECAST FOR SAINT LUCIA VALID FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS
WINDS WILL BE BLOWING FROM BETWEEN THE EAST AND EAST-SOUTHEAST NEAR 18 MPH OR 30 KM/H.
WEATHER: PARTLY CLOUDY, BECOMING CLOUDY AT TIMES WITH SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A CHANCE OF ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS.
MARINE FORECAST FOR SEAS IN A 25 MILE OR 40 KM RADIUS FROM SAINT LUCIA
TIDES FOR CASTRIES HARBOUR: LOW AT 7:37 AM…HIGH AT 2:12 PM.
TIDES FOR VIEUX FORT BAY: LOW AT 9:04 AM…HIGH AT 3:19 PM.
SEAS: MODERATE WITH WAVES 4 TO 6 FEET OR 1.2 TO 1.8 METRES.
FORECAST FOR THE LESSER ANTILLES
PARTLY CLOUDY, BECOMING CLOUDY AT TIMES WITH SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS OVER THE WINDWARD ISLANDS AND AREAS FURTHER SOUTH. ELSEWHERE, FAIR TO PARTLY CLOUDY WITH A FEW SHOWERS.
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
MOISTURE AND INSTABILITY IN THE WAKE OF A TROPICAL WAVE, WILL CONTINUE TO CAUSE SOME SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS MAINLY OVER THE SOUTHEASTERN CARIBBEAN ISLANDS DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
TWO OTHER TROPICAL WAVES LOCATED OVER THE CENTRAL AND EASTERN TROPICAL ATLANTIC, ARE MOVING WESTWARD NEAR 15 MPH OR 24 KM/H.
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION IS NOT EXPECTED OVER THE TROPICAL ATLANTIC DURING THE NEXT 5 DAYS.
- Arthur, the first named storm of the hurricane season, could form this weekend
- From Arthur to Wilfred, here’s the list of hurricane names for the 2020 season
- BREAKING NEWS: Tropical storm, Arthur, could form this weekend before official start of hurricane season
- Forecasters say 2020 hurricane season will be more active than normal
- Researchers predict active 2020 Atlantic hurricane season
- 4 major hurricanes predicted in 2020 as part of above average Atlantic season
- Saint Lucia airports fitted with new wind-measuring systems for safer operations; staff trained
- Ministry of Equity holds psychosocial support in disaster training workshop
- United States Government hands over data gathering equipment to St Lucia