Share This On:
6:00 AM WEATHER REPORT
DATE: 03RD AUGUST, 2018
FORECASTER: MACLEAN JN BAPTISTE
PRESENT WEATHER AT HEWANORRA AIRPORT IS PARTLY CLOUDY WITH SHOWERS NEARBY.
PRESENT WEATHER AT GFL CHARLES AIRPORT IS FAIR.
PRESENT TEMPERATURE AT HEWANORRA AIRPORT IS 25 C OR 77 F.
LAST NIGHT’S MINIMUM TEMPERATURE AT HEWANORRA AIRPORT WAS 24 C OR 75 F.
WIND AT HEWANORRA AIRPORT IS BLOWING FROM THE EAST-NORTHEAST AT 16 MPH OR 26 KM/H.
RAINFALL IN THE 24 HOUR PERIOD THAT ENDED AT 2:00 AM TODAY:
AT HEWANORRA AIRPORT: NIL.
TOTAL RAINFALL FOR THE MONTH OF AUGUST SO FAR:
AT HEWANORRA AIRPORT: 5.6 MM.
SUNSET TODAY: 6:31 PM.
SUNRISE TOMORROW: 5:48 AM.
FORECAST FOR SAINT LUCIA VALID FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS
WINDS WILL BE BLOWING FROM THE EAST NEAR 21 MPH OR 33 KM/H, WITH OCCASIONAL GUSTS.
WEATHER: PARTLY CLOUDY AND BREEZY, OCCASIONALLY BECOMING CLOUDY WITH A FEW SCATTERED SHOWERS.
MARINE FORECAST FOR SEAS IN A 25 MILE OR 40 KM RADIUS FROM SAINT LUCIA
TIDES FOR CASTRIES HARBOUR: HIGH AT 7:49 AM… LOW AT 1:39 PM.
TIDES FOR VIEUX FORT BAY: HIGH AT 8:56 AM….LOW AT 3:06 PM.
SEAS: MODERATE WITH WAVES 4 TO 6 FEET OR 1.2 TO 1.8 METRES.
FORECAST FOR THE LESSER ANTILLES
PARTLY CLOUDY AND BREEZY, BECOMING CLOUDY AT TIMES WITH SOME SCATTERED SHOWERS.
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
A TROPICAL WAVE WILL CONTINUE TO PRODUCE INCREASED CLOUDINESS AND SHOWERS OVER THE REGION DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
ANOTHER TROPICAL WAVE LOCATED OVER THE CENTRAL TROPICAL ATLANTIC IS MOVING WESTWARD NEAR 15 MPH OR 24 KM/H.
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION IS NOT EXPECTED OVER THE TROPICAL ATLANTIC DURING THE NEXT FIVE DAYS.
- Third tropical system may develop before Atlantic Hurricane Season officially starts
- Arthur, the first named storm of the hurricane season, could form this weekend
- From Arthur to Wilfred, here’s the list of hurricane names for the 2020 season
- BREAKING NEWS: Tropical storm, Arthur, could form this weekend before official start of hurricane season
- Forecasters say 2020 hurricane season will be more active than normal
- Researchers predict active 2020 Atlantic hurricane season
- 4 major hurricanes predicted in 2020 as part of above average Atlantic season
- Saint Lucia airports fitted with new wind-measuring systems for safer operations; staff trained
- Ministry of Equity holds psychosocial support in disaster training workshop