Share This On:
(SNO) — The Babonneau Fire Station was commissioned on Sunday, December 16, 2018 during a ceremony attended by officials and members of the Babonneau community.
The station was officially opened by Ezechiel Joseph, Parliamentary Representative for Babonneau,and Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries, Physical Planning, Natural Resources and Co-operatives.
Also in attendance were Prime Minister Allen Chastanet, who posted the accompanying photos of the ceremony on Facebook, his wife Raquel Du Boulay-Chastanet, Chief of the Saint Lucia Fire Service Joseph Joseph, and National Security Minister Hermangild Francis.
In a St. Lucia News Online report in November, officials said that in the face of a manpower shortage, the Saint Lucia Fire Service was getting 45 new fire officers.
The new officers will be stationed across the island and 28 will be $6-million Babonneau Fire Station, the report had revealed.
- Saint Lucia negotiates and signs new Bilateral Air Services Agreement December 12, 2019 3:06 PM
- Horse racing event a fraud on the people of St Lucia – SLP December 12, 2019 2:17 PM
- RBC announces sale of Eastern Caribbean banking operations December 12, 2019 9:58 AM
- SSDF signs agreement for Vieux Sucieux Water Supply Expansion Sub- Project December 12, 2019 9:51 AM
- Ministry of Equity implements new initiative to boost CASP ‘Host a Centre Day 2019’ December 12, 2019 9:21 AM
- Forbes features St. Lucian CEO of biotech company on its 30 Under 30 2020 list December 11, 2019 11:37 AM
- Police investigate hanging death of prisoner December 10, 2019 11:14 AM
- Julien Alfred wins big at FastTrack Collegiate Opener December 10, 2019 10:44 AM