Share This On:
(SNO) — Prime Minister Allen Chastanet has announced that a major new hotel project is coming to Saint Lucia.
The 400-room Hyatt-branded hotel will be located in Choc.
Invest Saint Lucia has completed transactions with a Barbados-based firm to buy the land for the project.
Choc Beach is located in northwestern Saint Lucia, north of the capital, Castries.
Addressing the Saint Lucia Chamber of Commerce recently Chastanent said the new hotel will be a mix of European plan and all-inclusive options, according to the Prime Minister.
Construction on the new Hyatt project is slated to begin in the second half of next year, according to a government statement.
- Saint Lucia and Republic of Kosovo sign visa waiver agreement
- Saint Lucia considering phased reopening of Grade Six and Form Five classes
- Mother and children homeless after Ciceron fire
- UPDATE: Fire on abandoned building in Castries now under control (+photos and videos)
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire in Castries city (+photos and videos)
- Arthur, the first named storm of the hurricane season, could form this weekend
- UPDATE: Man shot dead at Dennery Fishing Complex identified
- LIAT extends suspension of passenger services
- Bay Gardens Resorts starts relief fund for its staff