Share This On:
Felt a ‘shake’ this morning? It was probably an earthquake.
According to preliminary data from the UWI Seismic Research Centre, a magnitude 4.4 quake shook St. Lucia, Dominica, and Martinique at 10:20 a.m. today, Nov. 25.
There were no reports of injuries or damages.
According to the Centre, the quake was located at latitude 14.63 north, longitude 60.41 west, with a depth of 30 km.
74 km E of Fort-de-France, Martinique
91 km NE of Castries, Saint Lucia
131 km SE of Roseau, Dominica
- Ministry of Agriculture promotes green economy January 24, 2020 2:09 PM
- Queens Commonwealth Essay Competition announces winners January 24, 2020 9:52 AM
- Risk of coronavirus in Caribbean ‘low’ says CARPHA January 23, 2020 3:07 PM
- Meeting with US Secretary of State: Saint Lucia and US continue to strengthen ties January 23, 2020 9:00 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM