Share This On:
(TRINIDAD EXPRESS) — Forty foreign nationals were held during an anti-crime exercise in Chaguanas.
Police held 39 Venezuelan nationals and one Jamaican national.
The exercise was coordinated by Snr. Supt. Samuel Seepersad, and included officers of the Criminal Investigations Department, Central Division Task Force, the Special Operations Unit, the Canine Branch and Courts and Process Branch.
The officers received intelligence which led them to a bar along Railway Road, Chaguanas, at about 10 p.m. on Sunday.
At this location, the officers detained the 40 individuals who were unable to produce documents which would indicate their legal status in this country.
Officials from the Immigration Division were contacted and the suspects were handed over.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- Trinidad: Man, 69, on three child rape charges January 24, 2020
- Trinidad: Father of 5 needed to pay rent, took ganja smuggling job January 23, 2020
- Trinidad: Evangelical Council has crime solution – Bible January 22, 2020
- Killer virus: ‘T&T should be concerned’ January 22, 2020
- Trinidad: Fake kidnap victim reveals the truth in court January 22, 2020
- Trinidad: UWI scholars facing eviction January 22, 2020
- Trinidad: Fired worker tries burglary January 21, 2020