Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – After 3 days of intense competition at the Caprisun Short Course Nationals, which represented the Trial meet for the selection of Team St. Lucia to represent at the 25th OECS Swimming Championship, schedule in Antigua at the Antigua Athletic Club in St. Johns, November 5th to the 8th 2015, St Lucia is all set to throw their talent in the pool.
St. Lucia swimmers will swim against Antigua, British Virgin Islands, Grenada and St. Vincent.
Under the watchful eyes of coaches Jamie Peterkin and Brian Charles and supported by 3 officials, the team looks forward to retaining the title and bringing the trophy home.
Team St. Lucia will comprise of 36 swimmers ranging in the 8 and under age group to the 18 and over. For the first time two of these swimmers will represent St. Lucia in the Open Water category.
St. Lucia Amateur Swimming Association presents Team St. Lucia
Males 8 and Under Female 8 and under
Antoine Destang Allie Capasso
Therron Herell Jasmine Stiede
Male 9 – 10 Female 9 – 10
D’Andre Blanchard Naima Hazell Naekeisha Louis
Ziv Reynolds Jorja Mederick Raven Stiede
Male 11 – 12 Female 11 -12
Terrel Monplaisir Katie Kyle
Jammar Archibald Mikaili Charlemagne
Jayhan Odlum Smith Maya Hilaire
Male 13 – 14 Female 13 – 14
Nicolas Mc Lennon Eden Crick Katelin Samuel
Devin Boodha Abbie Pultie
Dristan Mauricette Mikaela Casimir
Male 15 – 17 Female 15 – 17
Jaysi Daniel Thalia Bergasse
Christopher Phillips Sarah Mayers
Male 18 and over Female 18 and Over
Jonathan Calderon Shernice Popo
Jonathan Mc Lennon Christianne Beaubrun
Though facing challenges to fund the cost of sending the team, to date SLASA has received tremendous support from Lime for which they are extremely grateful. Other sponsors coming on board to assist are Lucelec, West Indies Shipping, Piton Malt, Bank of St. Lucia and KFC. SLASA and the swimming fraternity says Thank You.
Fund Raising continues at the Pigeon Island Causeway near the Landing with a grand BBQ and Tube Rides from 1pm – 6pm November 1st 2015. All are invited to come support the cause.
More Sports Stories
- West Indies fined for slow over-rate in Sri Lanka ODI defeat February 24, 2020
- A small team making a gigantic splash at the Uana Swimming Cup February 24, 2020
- Update on National Independence Tennis Tournament February 21, 2020
- Digicel SPLT2020 SPL4 fixtures February 21, 2020
- WIPA extends sympathies and best wishes to Oshane Thomas February 19, 2020
- Call for Congress of the Sports and Combat Sambo Federation Saint Lucia February 13, 2020
- National Independence Tennis Tournament 2020 February 11, 2020
- Digicel SPLT2020 draft February 11, 2020
- Five dynamic swimmers will take the plunge at UANA February 10, 2020