Share This On:
(ABC NEWS) – Authorities in North Carolina seized around $3 million dollars worth of drug money this weekend, all of which was stashed inside barrels holding raw pork shoulders, officials said.
The discovery was made in Cleveland County after officers with the sheriff’s department pulled over a tractor trailer, according to a statement from Cleveland County Sheriff’s Office on Tuesday.
The driver was initially stopped on Interstate 85 for failing to stay in his lane, but a K-9 alert prompted them to move the vehicle to a safe location and search it.
The millions were believed to have come from drug sales throughout the region, the sheriff’s department said.
The Department of Justice is helping in the investigation, officials said.
More International News Stories
- Elderly couple die on same day after spending 65 years together January 20, 2020
- Human-to-human transmission confirmed in China coronavirus January 20, 2020
- Malaysia sends back trash, says won’t be world’s waste bin January 20, 2020
- Prince Harry: ‘Powerful media’ is why he’s stepping away January 20, 2020
- At least 75 inmates escape from Paraguayan prison near Brazil border January 20, 2020
- Pompeo looks forward to meeting with Venezuela’s Guaido in Colombia January 20, 2020