Share This On:
GROS ISLET, St. Lucia – Two days after delivering the fourth-best figures in a one-day international, teenage Afghanistan leg-spinner Rashid Khan produced another fine performance against West Indies on Sunday but it was not enough to ensure victory.
While West Indies won the second ODI in St. Lucia by four wickets to square the series; 18-year-old Khan followed up on his seven for 18 performance in the first ODI by picking up 3/26 off his 10 overs.
Kieran Powell (12) and Evin Lewis (33) fell to the leg-spinner before he later sent number six Roston Chase on his way for nine.
West Indies, led by an unbeaten 48 from Man-of-the-Match Shai Hope, won with 64 balls to spare and four wickets in hand.
They scored 138/6 off 39.2 overs, in reply to Afghanistan’s all out for 135 off 37.3 overs.
The final game of the series will be played in St. Lucia on Wednesday.
- Saint Lucia negotiates and signs new Bilateral Air Services Agreement December 12, 2019 3:06 PM
- Horse racing event a fraud on the people of St Lucia – SLP December 12, 2019 2:17 PM
- RBC announces sale of Eastern Caribbean banking operations December 12, 2019 9:58 AM
- SSDF signs agreement for Vieux Sucieux Water Supply Expansion Sub- Project December 12, 2019 9:51 AM
- Ministry of Equity implements new initiative to boost CASP ‘Host a Centre Day 2019’ December 12, 2019 9:21 AM
- Forbes features St. Lucian CEO of biotech company on its 30 Under 30 2020 list December 11, 2019 11:37 AM
- Police investigate hanging death of prisoner December 10, 2019 11:14 AM
- Julien Alfred wins big at FastTrack Collegiate Opener December 10, 2019 10:44 AM