Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – The Saint Lucia Tourism Authority (SLTA) has launched the highly-anticipated 2020 Summer Festival.
The festival includes four key events to be staged between May and November, beginning with Saint Lucia Jazz (May 7 – 9), followed by Saint Lucia Carnival in June and July. The Saint Lucia Roots and Soul Festival is slated for August, and in October, Creole Heritage Month.
CEO of Events Saint Lucia, Lorraine Sidonie, announced a new feature for Creole Heritage Month. She also introduced a few of the performers for the 2020 Jazz Festival in collaboration with Jazz at Lincoln Centre, with Chick Corea as the headliner on day one of the festival.
At the launch, Minister for Tourism, Hon. Dominic Fedee announced that visitor arrivals for 2019 were at record-breaking levels. The 2020 summer festival promises to build on record-setting 2019 tourism arrival figures by providing what visitors seek—authentic vacation experiences like local carnivals and festivals, sites, attractions, culture and cuisine.
The 2020 Summer Festival launch was held at the Mystique Royal Saint Lucia, on Jan 10.
- BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: Reports of plane crash in Dominica February 16, 2020 8:28 PM
- Conservationists frown on illegal dumping practices near nature site February 14, 2020 2:25 PM
- Dengue rising in the Caribbean says PAHO February 14, 2020 12:50 PM
- Killer asteroid to miss earth by 3.6 million miles on Saturday February 14, 2020 11:42 AM
- Educators trained in using library books to bring classroom lessons to life February 14, 2020 9:39 AM
- Beware fake news and myths about coronavirus, warns tourism health specialists February 13, 2020 12:17 PM
- British airways adds new flights from London to Saint Lucia February 13, 2020 11:36 AM
- Concern over meat and fish imports from China February 13, 2020 10:36 AM
- Foreign national tests negative for coronavirus February 12, 2020 9:43 PM