Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – The 2018 list of licensed eating establishments and bakeries has now been published by the Department of Environment Health.
The public is being called upon to scrutinize this list to know who has made the list and who has not.
The Public Health Board via the Department of Environmental Health has published the list of licensed and approved eating establishments and bakeries for 2018. The public is being called upon to peruse this list which provides the name and location of the approved establishments.
The Public Health Board’s primary function is to improve and protect the health of the public.
Ag. Senior Environmental Health Officer, Karen Joseph said the Department of Environmental Health will continue to work with establishments that have not made the list to get up to the required standard.
“Over the past four years the Department of Environmental Health has consistently published that list and we do that under the direction of the public health board, which off course we get our mandate from. This list would represent food establishments that have met our standards, they have complied and they have registered. The establishments that would comprise that list would include general food handling establishments, bakeries, bakery outlets and so on. We are actually aware of the fact that there are food establishments that do not meet our standards. We are trying hard to work with them so that they could actually be on that list and become approved.”
The Public Health Board has the authority to shut down any food handling establishment that consistently fails to meet the established standard and so defaulters are encouraged to get up to par.
The Senior Environmental Health Officer stated that there is an ongoing surveillance programme at the department that would pick up new and existing establishment that meet all requirements and are approved.
The names of these establishments would be place in a supplementary list published in November.
“We really want to tell the general public that to please be guided by this list. We are hoping that we can do that joint job of ensuring that both the consumer and the public at large eat food under safe conditions and at safe food handling establishments.”
The list of licensed eating establishments and bakeries has been gazetted, published in the weekend newspapers and placed online.
- Saint Lucia negotiates and signs new Bilateral Air Services Agreement December 12, 2019 3:06 PM
- Horse racing event a fraud on the people of St Lucia – SLP December 12, 2019 2:17 PM
- RBC announces sale of Eastern Caribbean banking operations December 12, 2019 9:58 AM
- SSDF signs agreement for Vieux Sucieux Water Supply Expansion Sub- Project December 12, 2019 9:51 AM
- Ministry of Equity implements new initiative to boost CASP ‘Host a Centre Day 2019’ December 12, 2019 9:21 AM
- Forbes features St. Lucian CEO of biotech company on its 30 Under 30 2020 list December 11, 2019 11:37 AM
- Police investigate hanging death of prisoner December 10, 2019 11:14 AM
- Julien Alfred wins big at FastTrack Collegiate Opener December 10, 2019 10:44 AM