Share This On:
A man has been charged in connection with the April 29, 2019 killing of a former youth leader in Canaries.
Christo Ethan Flermius, 20, of Floravilla, Canaries was arrested and charged on Thursday, May 2 for causing the death of 24-year-old Kadeem Joseph, also a resident of Floravilla, Canaries, who was stabbed during an altercation on April 29, about 6 p.m., on Dix Street, Canaries, police said in a news release on Monday.
Joseph was later pronounced dead on arrival at the Soufriere Hospital, police said.
A brief video of the aftermath of the stabbing went viral. It shows a motionless and bleeding Joseph being attended to by residents.
Joseph was known for his involvement in community activities in Canaries, particularly among the youth.
In 2016, he was elected president of ProjectCan Reloaded, a youth organization in Canaries.
Meanwhile, the release said Flermius was remanded in custody after he appeared at the First District Court.
He is scheduled to reappear in court on June 19, 2019, police said.
- PM Chastanet promises super-rich Saint Lucia citizenship in three months November 18, 2019 11:55 AM
- Guy Joseph shoots down reports of complete St. Jude Hospital demolition November 18, 2019 10:26 AM
- Central Statistical Office launches Census 2020 recruitment drive November 18, 2019 12:16 AM
- Saint Lucia gov’t launches programme to boost local production of 7 key fruits, vegetables November 17, 2019 9:50 PM
- Fuel prices change November 17, 2019 7:00 PM
- Kindergarten registration takes on a new approach November 17, 2019 12:51 PM
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM