Share This On:
(NEW YORK POST) — A 2-year-old boy from Texas is dead and two others were injured after a botched home invasion in a Harris County neighborhood late Tuesday, police said.
Lt. Robert Minchew with the Harris County Sheriff’s Office said deputies were dispatched to the Trailing Vine Apartment complex in northeastern Harris County around 11:46 p.m. after receiving reports of a robbery/ home invasion with multiple gunshot victims.
Authorities at the scene identified three victims: a father, his toddler and a friend.
All three were sitting inside an open garage when they were approached by two male suspects around 11:30 p.m, according to Minchew. Immediately, the suspects began firing, striking all three victims.
The 2-year-old was shot and killed on the scene and was pronounced dead by EMS on arrival.
The father suffered multiple gunshot wounds and was airlifted to Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center, where his exact condition was unknown. The friend was taken to Houston Northwest Medical Center, where he was said to be in stable condition.
Minchew said the child’s mother was inside the apartment with a 1-month-old baby when she heard a loud noise, which she “thought were fireworks” going off. When she went downstairs to check, she was “accosted” by one of the suspects, who asked her for money at gunpoint.
She told the gunman she had no money, and police say they are unclear on what took place after that. The two suspects fled and are still at large.
Authorities have described them as two black males between 25 and 35. One was wearing a black hoodie and the other a red one.
- Chinese nationals killed and burned in Zambia
- Joe Biden formally wins Democratic nomination to take on Trump
- Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey cries in front of George Floyd’s casket
- Cop comforts 5-y-o black girl after she asks if she’s going to be shot
- UPDATE: George Floyd tested positive for coronavirus in April, full autopsy reveals
- Snapchat stops promoting Donald Trump’s account
- Police plea for help as German suspect revealed in Madeleine McCann disappearance
- Russia: President Putin declares state of emergency after Arctic Circle oil spill
- Brazil looks to reopen despite record coronavirus deaths